The FC900701 Trigger Extension represents a hardware module used to extend the functionality of the FC612 USB 100BASE-T1 Stick Raw and the FC631 USB 10BASE-T1L Stick Raw by external trigger input and output events.
A parallel cabel is used to connect the FC900701 Trigger Extension board and the USB sticks. For connection of external trigger signals the FC900701 Trigger Extension features simple to use screw terminals.
External trigger input events are timestamped in context with Ethernet traffic. Trigger output events are generated on detection of configurable EtherTypes.
- Support for external trigger input and output signals
- Screw terminals for seamless connection of trigger signals
- Parallel cable for connection to FC612 and FC631
- Trigger input events timestamped in context with Ethernet traffic
- Trigger output events generated on detection of configurable EtherTypes
- Python API to configure trigger input and output events
The FC900701 in combination with the FC612 USB 100BASE-T1 Stick Raw and FC631 USB 10BASE-T1L Stick Raw enables connection to embedded hardware platforms used to generate and receive dedicated trigger events. The following are example applications:
- Synchronize external trigger input events (e. g. CAN message trigger) to Ethernet traffic
- Generate trigger output event based on configurable EtherType
- Connect 100BASE-T1 or 10BASE-T1L device and GPIOs for realtime latency measurement
- Verify Precision Time Protocol (PTP) timestamping
- Use Wireshark to display 100BASE-T1 and 10BASE-T1L Ethernet and trigger input events
- FibreCode FC612 USB 100BASE-T1 Stick Raw or FC631 USB 10BASE-T1L Stick Raw
- External hardware to generate and received trigger events